At Heart TSA we offer potential primary teacher training candidates the chance to spend some time in the classroom before applying for the course, through our school experience programme.
School experience gives you the chance to observe teaching and pastoral work, and the opportunity to talk to teachers about day-to-day life in a school. Whilst not a pre-requisite for applying for teacher training, school experience will definitely strengthen your application, give you observational experience which will be useful at interview, and help you decide if teaching is right for you. You will get the chance to see a range of different lessons and age groups being taught and be able to help out with small groups of students in group work.
To request an initial day email firstname.lastname@example.org
Top tips for your experience day:
• Think about what you want to get out of the experience BEFORE it starts
• During your school experience don’t just observe the teaching you see but REFLECT on why those teaching strategies may have been used
• Get INVOLVED and engage with the students
• TALK to as many people as possible, including teachers, students and current trainees
• Take the time to REFLECT on your experience after the day and use your learnings to prepare you for your interview